Friday, January 23, 2009

Some Pictures




Pictures from top to bottom:
1. Rowmawn and Jennet modeling the new scarves that mom's friend, Leona, knit and sent in a package.
2. Joshua scooping chicken waste from our family's chicken coop. Yum:^)
3. Our first snow in Turkmenebat! We don't get very much precipitation in the middle of a desert. We went for a walk in the city park. That is, in fact, a ferris wheel in the background. It is still "functioning," but it is looking pretty rough (I'm sure it was built before independence in 1992), so I have my doubts about taking a ride:^)



4 comments:

His wife, Bonnie said...

Post the # 3 picture again of the snow in Turkmenistan, it didn't come through. I love the pic of the kids, my friend Leona who knit the scarves will be thrilled!

Unknown said...

Hi this is Becky, Collin Thibodeaux's Mother, I am enjoying reading your blog, it makes me feel closer to Collin. He told me about the night that all of you got together for Christmas. He is not able to update his blog as quickly as you do. I am very glad that he is not alone.

Daletuck said...

Happy Birthday Rebekah! well, at least the blog post date is the right one, though I am a little late. I drank some beers for your birthday, and a bunch of my friends sang "happy birthday" and then I blew out the 28 candles on your cake. You should have been there.

Unknown said...

You guys are seriously the best!
I LOVE THE VIDEO!! Seriously.. great work getting it on the blog.. your fans love it, love it.

Wow. Makes me so thankful for our day in IST together!

Love this you guys.. love it.